Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Nikolas and Co: A Creature Most Foul by Kevin McGill (Review of First 100 pages)

Nick wants one thing, only one thing, and that is to go home. He has had enough of living with drones and a mum and dad who aren't normal, he wants to go back to his home planet. So when his Grand turns up after a mysterious incident involving his parents and tells him everything about his real life, Nick suddenly finds himself with a destiny greater than he had ever imagined...

Genre: Fantasy
Recommended Age: 12+
Publishers/Source: Aero Studios
Release Date: 15 September 2011
Notes: First 130 pages (approx.) reviewed
Rating: 4/5

I liked it. Fantasy and adventure are my two favourite genres so when I figured that this novel had meshed the two of them together, well my opinion was set.
There are a lot of characters in this book and at the start of the book I was wondering if that would be a problem but after a while I began to remember who was who and what their personalities were like. All the characters have very different personalities which I found a good quality because you get to see how they handle certain situations. I haven't got a favourite character because I was reviewing only part of the book which didn't give me enough time to find one.
If I had to critisize this novel then I would say I was a little confused at a part near the beginning but overall I did enjoy this book and would happily read the next part. The book might be a little fast paced for some people but I actually liked the pace. It never spent three chapters to set the scene, it introduced you to the characters and then went straight into the adventure.

Rachel xx :)

PS: I have permission to email this PDF copy to anyone that would like it so please email me at booktasticreviews(at)gmail(dot)com and I will happily send it to you as an attachment via email. It is only the first 130 pages though, just the same as what I was given. Don't hesitate to email me if you would like to read this! :D

4 comments :

  1. Hi!Thanks for the comment on my review!Do you plan on reviewing the whole book when it comes out?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, my for review pile is getting higher so I don't think so... How about you? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I probably will but it just depends on timing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... feel free to tell me how you enjoy it, if you do read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thank you so much for commenting! I love receiving comments and will always try my best to return the favour back on your own blog (if you have one)! I love meeting new bloggers too, so, if you're new here, don't be scared to introduce yourself!

Thanks again! *hands you cupcake* :D